Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Doormen

I get why you would want a doorman. Last week our building's buzzer was broken. This was SUPER frustrating. I realized that my across the hall neighbor and I are the de-facto doormen for our building. This is because we live on the first floor and if the buzzer doesn't work, it is apparently the custom to bang on the first floor window to get let in. Some delivery folks didn't do that though and people had to chase their packages all over the city. If you are a pedestrian, there's a REASON you paid to have your stuff shipped to your apartment. It's because you don't have a way to get it home from the store or from UPS's distribution center. So I put a note on the door telling people to knock on the window. Now I notice every time FedEx, UPS, USPS, and other delivery folks dial my apartment to get buzzed in. I am the doorman and Lord help us all if I am not home.

No comments:

Post a Comment